This plugin provides a safe and secure way to pay via the GNU Taler system. The plugin sends a request to, and receives a response from, the GNU Taler Backend.
Next, the plugin confirms the transaction again and redirects the customer to his own wallet to confirm the transaction.
The plugin also provides the possibility for the administrator to send the custumer a refund.
For refunds, the plugin sends a refund request to the GNU Taler back-end and receives a refund-URI. This URI is forwarded to the customer via an e-mail to confirm the refund.
- Ensure you have latest version of WooCommerce plugin installed
- Upload (or copy) the plugin directory (
GNU-Taler-Payment-Gateway) to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress/WooCommerce site, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins interface at
- Activate the GNU Taler Payment Gateway for WooCommerce plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
- In the WordPress interface, navigate to WooCommerce -> Settings-> Payments tab. Locate the
GNU Taler Gatewayentry and click the
Set upbutton to configure the plugin.
Q: Do I have to have a GNU Taler account to test the plugin?
A: Yes, you need to have a “bank” account to withdraw cash. You can setup one easily at: https://bank.demo.taler.net/
Q: Does the customer need to have the GNU Taler Wallet installed to pay with GNU Taler?
A: Yes, the customer needs the GNU Taler Wallet. The customer can get a wallet here: https://wallet.taler.net/
Q: Can the plugin work without WooCommerce
A: For the plugin to work correctly you need to have the WooCommerce plugin installed on a WordPress site
There are no reviews for this plugin.
“GNU Taler Payment Gateway for WooCommerce” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Adaptations to GNU Taler Merchant API 1:0:0
- Ensure plugin follows WordPress guidelines. First upload to WordPress.