Are you ready to increase your productivity? This free WordPress plugin will allow you to quickly and conveniently copy your pages, posts, menus, widgets and even your custom post types. You can quickly copy, bulk copy and copy straight to new drafts.
Carbon Copy has many useful settings to customize its behavior, restrict its use to certain roles or post types and will increase your productivity. For more information check out the plugin documentation on the plugin’s site.
Carbon Copy does not display any annoying ads or pop-ups and does not collect any information outside your WordPress installation. Carbon Copy is 100% GDPR compliant.
- Within Posts/Pages click the ‘Copy’ link below the post/page title. This quickly creates a new copy and returns you to the list.
- Within Posts/Pages click the ‘New Draft’ link below the post/page title. This creates a new copy and opens the editor so you can get to work.
- Within Posts/Pages select one or more items, then choose ‘Copy’ from the ‘Bulk Actions’ dropdown to copy them all at once as drafts.
- On any given Post/Page edit screen, click on ‘Copy to new draft’ above “Cancel”/”Move to trash” or in the admin bar.
- While viewing a post as a logged in user, you can click on ‘Copy to new draft’ from the admin bar.
- Developers can use a template tag, for use in your theme to clone your posts/pages from the front-end.
- Quickly and easily create a copy of any widget with a single click.
- Copy and rename entire navigational menus using Appearance > Carbon Copy Menu.
- Toggle option to clean out the plugins’ database values upon deactivation.
Use the Add New Plugin feature within your WordPress site and search for “Carbon Copy” to install and activate it. You may also download the archive and:
- Upload ‘carbon-copy’ to your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu within WordPress
- Go to Settings -> Carbon Copy and customize the plugins options
How do I use this plugin?
Upon activation, visit the “Settings > Carbon Copy” section and adjust the options as needed.
How do I copy a widget?
To copy a widget visit the “Appearance > Widgets” section and click the ‘Copy’ link on the desired widget.
I found this plugin helpful. How can I help?
Happy to have helped! Support my work and future improvements to this plugin by sending me a tip using your Brave browser or by sending me a one-time donation. If you have any ideas for improvements or want to contribute to the code you may get in touch with me.
Love how all the settings are available in one single view. Quick and Easy copies of my posts, much appreciated.
Read all 1 review
“Carbon Copy” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- New shortcuts added to Widget and Menu Copy options from Settings menu.
- Ability to set new menu names from Menu Copy page.
- NEW Menu copy feature introduced. Available under Appearance > Carbon Copy Menu. Working to integrate with main Menu page.
- Other code improvements
- Link text update, New Draft to just Draft
- Updated text within action list for ‘post_row_actions’
- Checks user permissions for bulk actions, function renamed
- Updated check for comment type
- Taxonomies blacklist check updated
- Added toggle option to copy and duplicate widgets
- Added toggle option to clean stored plugin database values upon deactivation
- Initial version on WP repository
- Tested against WordPress 5.5