Build credibility and create connections. Easily embed your custom Instagram feed anywhere on your site in seconds.
A dead-simple Instagram feed plugin
Quick to connect, fun to design and incredibly simple to embed on any WordPress site.
The best Instagram feed solution on the market. Great UX and a speed & reliability focused team. Top marks!
No code or complex shortcodes required. Use the live preview customizer to get an instant look at your creation without leaving the page and set up your Instagram feeds in just a few seconds:
- Connect your Instagram account
- Design your Instagram feed
- Embed it anywhere on your site
Highly rated by beginners and experts alike
“If you’re ready to start nailing the big 3 C’s of having a website […], that is building credibility, staying current, and having a better connection with your website visitors, go ahead and check out Spotlight Instagram feeds today.”
– Adam Preiser, WP Crafter
- Connect multiple Instagram accounts
- Set up unlimited Instagram feeds
- Interactive live preview
- Point and click feed designer
- Create custom Instagram feeds
- Beautiful Instagram grid layout
- Set number of posts and columns per device
- Order by date, popularity, or at random
- Instagram lightbox showing full-size photos and playable videos
- Feed header with profile details
- Custom bio text and profile photo
- “Follow” button
- “Load More” button
- Fully responsive
- Gutenberg block
- Simple shortcode
- Instagram widget
Easy to customize
The live preview customizer includes a lot of design options that are point-and-click, no coding knowledge required. If you’re a bit more adventurous, Spotlight’s CSS is set up to be easily customizable for developers. Let your imagination run free.
Out of all of the Instagram integration plugins out there, this is one that I would by far recommend the most. The plugin itself is an easy to use and simple plugin that is easy to use for anyone – Especially a beginner. It has a user friendly interface that makes it easy for anyone of any level. (Their free option is also fairly comprehensive on it’s own!)
Connect with your audience
Boost your brand, drive conversions, and gain new followers by embedding your Instagram feed directly on your website. From baby boomers to millennials and Gen Z, Instagram gets people from all walks of life to engage with each other. Something as simple as adding a “Follow button” to an Instagram footer feed can have an instant impact.
Excellent, Powerful, Smooth – This is an incredible plugin and the support given is second to none – they will stop at nothing to help you solve your problems. Thank you!
Leverage social proof
Instagram is a great place to build a strong reputation and develop social proof. Spotlight is here to help you make the most of it by sharing your Instagram photos and videos on any page. It gets even more powerful when combined with e-commerce sites. Set up an Instagram gallery for your shop or product pages to showcase your likes and comments.
Dead simple Instagram feed plugin. The free version let me pull in my instagram feed and publish it with a lot of different styling options.
– Kevin Ohashi
Save time & keep your site looking fresh
When you’re too busy to post new content everywhere, keep website visitors engaged with vibrant photos and a constant flow of new Instagram posts. Keep your pages looking lively without having to do any extra work. Post on Instagram and it’s automatically shared on your website.
Spotlight is simply the best Instagram feed plug-in. I had a styling question and the support was perfect!
Switch between desktop, tablet, and phone views in the feed customizer to create custom Instagram feeds for each device. Make sure it looks just right no matter where it’s being browsed.
Supports multiple accounts and feeds
Connect as many accounts as you need, Personal and Business, and use them across multiple feeds. Embed one or more feeds on a single page or use them across different sections of your website. Use the block, shortcode or Instagram widget provided by Spotlight to add your Instagram feed to any page, post, block, widget area, or otherwise.
Reliable customer support
Aside from Spotlight’s helpful documentation, you have the full backing of our experienced team of developers and support specialists. Through WP Mayor, a trusted and long-standing WordPress resource site; and WP RSS Aggregator, the original and most popular RSS feed importer for WordPress, we have helped countless people over the years and continue to do so today.
I got the free version to display a simple feed, which worked nicely and has a good set of options, not too overcrowded and well thought through. I was surprised by the good usability that I encountered in the backend. Most importantly: they provided me with amazing support and response times which helped me properly implement the plugin in a single page application.
More layouts, filtering, moderation, promotions, & more
Level up your Instagram feeds with Spotlight PRO and make the most of your Instagram feed. Design custom Instagram feeds, feature hashtag campaigns, filter out unwanted media, create shoppable Instagram feeds, and much more.
I’ve used other Instagram feed plugins before and this one is the best! Plenty of customizable options, setup was easy, and simply works with no issues. Very happy with this Pro upgrade purchase. Keep up the great work!!
- Instagram hashtag feeds (from all of Instagram)
- Instagram tagged post feeds
- Caption filtering
- Hashtag filtering
- Visual moderation (show/hide posts)
- Promote – link posts to articles, pages, WooCommerce products, and more per feed
- Promote – global links per Instagram account
- Promote – Automated hashtag linking
- Highlight layout
- Masonry layout
- Hover styles
- Header styles
- Captions, likes and comments
- Instagram stories in profile photo
- Elementor Instagram widget – Officially recommended by Elementor
Recommended by the best of the best
Very simple, intuitive connection with Instagram! The interface is super clean and intuitive. I had my IG feed in minutes! Very nice job, great features in the PRO version! Very recommendable.
- Go to the Plugins page in your WordPress site’s dashboard.
- Click on the “Add New” button.
- Search for “Spotlight Social Media Feeds”.
- Click on the “Install” button next to it, then hit “Activate”.
- Go to the “Instagram Feeds” menu item to get started.
- Click on the “Download” button above.
- Upload the zip file to your site from the Plugins page in your WordPress site’s dashboard.
- Activate the plugin.
- Go to the “Instagram Feeds” menu item to get started.
Create your first feed
Follow the instructions to connect your first Instagram account and set up your feed. When you’re happy with the design, save the feed.
How do I connect my Instagram account?
Once you install Spotlight, a welcome screen appears that guides you on how to connect your first Instagram user account. Click on the connect button and it will show you two options, Personal or Business. Pick the one that applies to you, authorize Spotlight through the popup that appears, and you’re all set.
How many Instagram accounts can I connect?
Spotlight has no limit on the number of Instagram accounts you may connect. So long as you have legitimate access to those accounts, you can connect them directly through Spotlight or by using an Instagram access token (for developers).
Can I display posts from multiple Instagram users in one gallery?
Yes. With Spotlight you can create feeds that feature photos and videos from multiple Instagram accounts within the same feed. Simply connect the Instagram user accounts you want to display posts from and select them in the “Connect” step of the feed editor in Spotlight.
How many feeds can I set up?
Spotlight sets no limit on the number of feeds you can set up. Design one for your footer, another for the sidebar, and one to fill an entire page – let your imagination run free. You can even show multiple feeds on the same page!
Can I display multiple Instagram feeds on the same page or site?
Yes. With Spotlight you can embed multiple Instagram feeds on a single page, a single post, in widget areas, and across your entire website. There are no limits and each feed can be unique or re-used in multiple places.
Can I show full-size photos and play Instagram videos directly on my website?
Yes, Spotlight’s free version includes a lightbox (popup) option that will display your photos in their full size over your entire website. The lightbox can also play videos right on your site, no need to have the visitor leave your site at all! If you want to enhance the popup, Spotlight PRO adds a sidebar to the lightbox which will display your Instagram captions, comments, published date, and more.
Where can I find my Instagram Access Token and User ID?
Go to Spotlight > Settings. From the first page, Accounts, click on the Instagram username or the “info” icon under Actions. A modal will appear with all the details relating to your Instagram account – Spotlight ID, Instagram User ID, Instagram account type, Instagram Access Token, as well as your Instagram bio and profile picture.
How can I only display posts that use a particular Instagram hashtag?
With Spotlight PRO you can use either of two options. Firstly, you can choose to display posts that include a specific hashtag from all across Instagram (learn more). Secondly, you can use Hashtag filtering to show or hide posts from your feed that use a specific hashtag. Learn more.
Can I hide specific posts from my Instagram feed?
Yes, we understand that you may have certain posts that you don’t want to show on your website. By using the Moderation option in Spotlight PRO you can hand-pick the photos and videos that you either want to show or hide on your website. Learn more.
Will the Instagram feed from Spotlight blend nicely into my website’s theme?
Yes, aside from the customization options provided by Spotlight itself, the plugin is also set up to use your theme’s fonts to completely match your brand’s look and feel on your website.
Why is my Instagram feed not showing?
There are a few reasons that your Instagram posts are not displayed on your site, either within Spotlight’s editor or on the front-end. Here are the reasons and their potential fixes:
- Caching Issues: At times, the cache from your browser, website, hosting, DNS, or otherwise may cause your feeds to not be displayed. To fix this problem, try clearing all the cache options mentioned earlier and then refresh your pages.
- Caching Plugin Conflicts: Some plugins, such as W3 Total Cache, can conflict with Spotlight by minifying certain files that should not be minified. Taking W3 Total Cache as an example, simply disabling minification for just one of our JS files does the trick. By instructing W3 Total Cache to ignore the file, you should be able to get the feed working again on your site without sacrificing the performance of the rest of the page. The file in question is: wp-content/plugins/spotlight-social-photo-feeds/ui/dist/common.js
- WP REST API Disabled: We’ve found that certain websites use plugins or otherwise to disabled the WordPress REST API. Since Spotlight uses the WP REST API, if disabled, the plugin will not function correctly. Re-enabling the WP REST API should fix this issue.
If none of these solutions work for you, please do contact us through the support forum with a link to a page on your website where the Instagram feed is being displayed, details on how the above tests went, and if possible, a link to your Instagram account.
Many developers can create good plugins, but few can back them with good support! The developers behind this plugin are the few good ones. And the plugin works beautifully too!
Clean, beautiful integration. Works like a breeze!!
The plugin works as advertised and the support has been good as well. I wish they would add a carousel option but other than that, it has great features that let you fully utilize Instagram photos for your website.
The best Instagram feed solution on the market. Great UX and a speed & reliability focused team. Top marks
I’ve used many Instagram plugins both free and paid and, without exception, they have all in some way failed to work at some point due to changes in Instagram API. Spotlight, however, seems to get around that problem by effectively becoming a middleman. Good styling options, flexible and works flawlessly.
Really easy to connect to Instagram and the support is really helpful.
Read all 39 reviews
“Spotlight Social Media Feeds” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
– Optimized the rendering for the grid layout, resulting in smoother loading animations
– All posts in the feed would flash when more posts are loaded using the “Load more” button
– When PHP
strict_types is enabled, a type error occurred while fetching posts from Instagram
– New option in the feeds list to update the Instagram posts for a feed
– The “Show/hide PRO Features” selection is remembered in the browser
– Video thumbnails are generated for non-tagged and non-hashtag posts
– Added a notification when connecting an account using an access token fails
– Duplicate posts, even if fetched for different sources, will no longer be shown in feeds
– Incompatibility with Kadence plugins caused modal popups to not appear
– Incompatibility with LiteSpeed cache when loading JS when DOM is ready
– Corrupted feed options would cause an error that prevented editing and saving feeds
– Modals no longer cover up toast notifications in the admin app
– Warnings would show up when activating the plugin on a new site
– Cron jobs would not be recreated after their schedule is changed in the settings
– Feed usage in the block editor was not detected and shown in the feeds list
– Duplicate crons would be created when run manually using WP Crontrol
– Various tiny performance optimizations
– The default optimization age limit is now 7 days, down from 30 days
– Increased the quality of generated thumbnails with minimal disk space impact
– Downloading thumbnails for videos would occasionally cause a fatal error
– Custom post types used by the plugin were not properly registered
– Now using a beacon in the bottom-right of the screen for important plugin-related alerts
– Using paused videos as thumbnails, until a better solution can be found for video thumbnails
– Thumbnails are now saved locally, after Instagram made an unannounced change to their API
– Thumbnails are resized and automatically and optimally scaled for the screen
– Greatly improved the loading time for feeds on the site
– All pages are now much more responsive and usable on mobile devices
– Filtering fields will auto-add their typed value when they lose focus
– Improved the message shown in the shortcode when a feed does not exist
– Added redundant WordPress styles to ensure a consistent look and feel
– Addressed the “Cache key is invalid” entries in the debug log
– Fixed thumbnails not loading due to Instagram deprecating their thumbnails API
– Fixed an error that sometimes prevented feeds from being saved
– The plugin now clarifies whether errors come from Instagram’s API or the plugin itself
– Overall performance of the editor has been greatly improved
– The text size option was showing wrong values for tablets and phones
– Videos did not load and would remain as grey tiles
– The preview did not always reflect changes made to the feed’s options
– The page would not load or crash if an account has no access token expiry date
– The top navigation bar would did not update to indicate the current tab.
– Added a block for the WordPress Gutenberg block editor
– Account information is now updated during media imports
– Now using the WordPress-bundled React, reducing JS file sizes
– Improved the responsiveness of the navbar
– Fixed an error that caused feeds to break when not logged in
– Some fields in the Design tab would incorrectly remain disabled
– The app no longer gets stuck on the flashing logo during loading
– Feeds did not work when other plugins encounter errors or raise warnings
– Videos use an Instagram-style video player
– The popup box is now responsive
– Now showing smaller thumbnails in smaller feeds
– Front-end CSS is now correctly minimized for increased page load speeds
– Fixed app not loading correctly after an update, due to browser caching
– Hover info now scales with the size of the media tiles in the layout
– Added reset styles to media in the popup box to improve compatibility with themes
– Improved how media in the popup box gets scaled to better match Instagram’s own scaling
– Media in the popup box would incorrectly have black bars
– Cancelling after clicking the Cancel button disabled the Cancel and Save buttons
– “Too many IDs” error when a Business account has more than 50 posts
– Freemius integration
– Admin notifications
– New “Tools” section in the settings and an option to clear the API cache
– The live preview shows a message when user options result in no posts being shown in a feed
Initial version of Spotlight Instagram Feeds.