A custom addon for Woocommerce Subscriptions, which add a promotional product to the currently active user subscription and remove it after regular payment. Billing happens through the saved payment option on the renewal date.
For creating a promotional product that can be added to the subscription in option “Product data” in admin was added additional tab “Upsell product for subscription”. The new tab contains the options that do product an upsell product for subscription and the field that allows changing the button name for adding product to subscription.
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of the Promotional Product for Subscription plugin, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
In the search field type “Promotional Product for Subscription” and click Search Plugins. Once you’ve found our plugin you can view details about it such as the point release, rating, and description. Most importantly, of course, you can install it by simply clicking “Install Now”, then “Activate”.
Manual Upload via WordPress Admin
If you have a copy of the plugin as a zip file, you can manually upload it and install it through the Plugins admin screen.
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Click the Upload Plugin button at the top of the screen.
- Select the zip file from your local filesystem.
- Click the Install Now button.
When installation is complete, you’ll see “Plugin installed successfully.” Click the Activate Plugin button at the bottom of the page.
Manual Plugin Installation
In rare cases, you may need to install a plugin by manually transferring the files onto the server. This is recommended only when absolutely necessary, for example when your server is not configured to allow automatic installations.
This procedure requires you to be familiar with the process of transferring files using an SFTP client
- If your plugin is in the form of a zip file, unzip the contents. You should see a single folder named after the plugin.
- Look in the plugin folder for a readme.txt file. Read the file to confirm that this is the correct plugin, and to look for any special instructions.
- Connect to your WordPress server with your SFTP client.
- Copy the plugin folder to the wp-content/plugins folder in your WordPress directory. This installs the plugin to your WordPress site.
- Navigate to your Plugins admin screen and locate the newly uploaded plugin in the list.
- Click the plugin’s “Activate” link.
- If there is one, click the plugin’s “View details” link to learn more about the plugin.
Does this work without WooCommerce or WooCommerce Subscriptions?
Does the plugin support translations to other languages?
Yes, the plugin can be translated using the Loco Translate plugin.
What happens if a user who has no subscription wants to add a product to a subscription?
A message appears stating that you have no active subscriptions, first please create a subscription.
Where can I get support or talk to other users?
If you get stuck, you can ask for help in the Plugin Forum.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
“Promotional Product for Subscription” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.