00:00 Understanding NVC Processing time
03:50 May 3rd Processing Time
06:10 Case out of Normal Processing Times
Current case creation time frame: April 21
Current case review time: March 27 2021
Current Public Inquiry Form response time April 19 2021
A very warm welcome to my channel
In today’s video, we are going to talk about NVC Processing times
National Visa Center acts as a middle man between the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service more commonly known as USCIS and United States Embassy
An average immigrant petition goes through USCIS, NVC, and then finally US Embassy
Once petition I-130 or I-129 is filed at USCIS, a NOA -1 notice of action is issued. Once Petition is processed at USCIS, NOA -2 is issued and the petition is then transferred to NVC
Processing of the petition varies according to the Visa category of the applicant, the relationship of the applicant with the petitioner, priority date of the applicant, and citizenship status of the petitioner
In general US citizen’s petitions are processed faster than petitions of LPRs. It is also important to note that those visa categories whose priority date is currently such as spouses of US citizens and LPRS and parents of US citizens are processed immediately
Once the case is transferred to NVC, NVC is then responsible for :
1. Accepting and verifying the petition from USCIS
2. Allowing the petitioner or applicant or lawyer to upload affidavit of support, submission of fee for affidavit of support and ds-260, completion of uploading, and submission of relevant original documents to support the relationship of the petitioner with applicant such as birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.
3. Transferring the case to the US embassy once the applicant is Documentarily qualified so an interview can be scheduled – FYI – DQ is the stage when the applicant submitted all the required documents and fees and they are approved.
It allows roughly to estimate the petitioner and the applicant the status of their case, that is whether or not their case has been transferred to NVC, whether or not their submitted documents are looked upon and when to expect a reply from NVC once you emailed them.
If you like my videos, support my channel for more content :
Permanent resident card
In this video, we talk about 221g
Different case statuses
Welcome to my channel.
Hi, I am Dr. Hira M. (NOT A LAWYER), currently preparing for USMLE.
During my process of immigration, I realized how heavily I was dependent on my lawyer that I lacked basic knowledge of the whole process which was relatively simple, so I started studying the process.
With extensive research, I got well equipped with many aspects of immigration. All pieces of advice are from my personal experience, they do not in any way equate to any professional attorney’s opinion.
As of now, I making immigration videos but I plan to include other aspects of my life too.
My videos include :
Creating an Account on USCIS
Filing petition I-130 (
The documents required generally are:
1. Translated and attested marriage certificates
2. Previous history of marriages
3. Birth certificates in most cases.)
Double step verification
Checking case status on USCIS
Getting invoice ID and Case ID
Logging in to NVC
Submitting documents (affidavit of support AOS, IV application, and civil documents), paying a fee and getting documentarily qualified
Checking NVC case status
Preparing for interview
Applying for a green card or permanent resident card
Applying for social security number / SSN or card
How to contact an immigration-related organization .