COVID 19 Mobile App
This mobile application is intended to empower the general public by providing updated realtime information on the COVID-19 situation based on the geolocation of the reported cases. A team of experts including those from the Epidemiology Unit of the Western Provincial Ministry of Health and the WHO country office for Sri Lanka has come together to provide this digital solution in Sri Lanka.
this mobile application is available to the public at no cost and they will be updated daily with the reported COVID 19 cases from the Ministry of Helth.
Public Mobile application:
This application will provide the following:
1. Issue location-based alert messages. These alerts are sent if there is an active COVID-19 case Risk type within 500m radius of the user and nearest case distance and how many cases within a 1Km radius.
2. The user can review any location in the country by either typing in an address or using the touch and hold the screen to lect an area on the map to view the risk.
3. The contact details of the local Public Health Authorities (names of the Medical Officer of Health and Public Health Inspector areas (no personal details) as well as the local administration unit details.
4. The location and directions to the nearest hospital and the nearest pharmacy, at any given location.
5. Summarized case details as published by the Health Promotion Bureau of the Ministry of Health.
6. An option to request support from the 24/7 call center at the Western Province epidemiology unit.
7. Link to direct-dial “Suwasariya – 1990” Ambulance service and details of other emergency numbers
8. Notifications and Instruction message box
9. Register for free SMS alert services.
Doctor Mobile application:
Following are the additional features for doctors :
10. Save as a doctor to view more functions.
11. Live updated patient risk map (No personal data) with the count in each District, DSD, and GND
12. Statistical charts about, Current situation, Daily confirmed cases, Age distribution, Gender distribution, and daily PCR test.
13. Docters spatial notifications
Dr. Yudhisteera Wedisinghe
Medical Officer for Vector-Borne Diseases Control
Provincial Director of Health Services, Western Province
G-Sentry develops and maintenance of web applications and accompanying mobile applications for COVID 19, Dengue, other Communicable Diseases, and Disaster situation for health professionals and the public in the Western Province.
Lt Col LRK(retd) Kahandagamage RSP SLSC
M.Sc (GIS/RS), MCS(SL)
Hon. Governer WP and WHO Country Office
Mr. Tayon U Jayawaradana
BIT Student, University of Moratuwa
HNDIT – SLATE