12 January 2021 — An update from the Thai government regarding Thailand’s #COVID19 situation, reporting from the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) at Government House
– New field hospitals are under construction in many provinces to cope with the increasing number of COVID-19 patients.
– Today, Thailand reported 287 new confirmed cases, with 278 cases from local transmissions. There are 28 severe cases. The number of active case is 4,035.
– There are 18 provinces that have no report of COVID-19 infection. Roi Et has reported one new case.
– Ten provinces of focus that have reported over 60 infection cases, namely Bangkok, Chonburi, Rayong, Samut Prakan, Chantaburi, Nonthaburi, Ang Thong, Pathum Thani, and Nakhon Pathom, may have added more strict measures, including traveling to and from these provinces.
– The internet data usage for the Mor Chana application is now free of charge to facilitate and encourage users to use the application.
– Internet operators are working to upgrade the speed of internet broadband subscribers with no less than 100 MB per second, free of charge, to support the ability of users to work or learn at home.
– The public is advised not to buy or use the COVID-19 Rapid Test themselves, because it may lead to a faulty result.