Choon Player is a simple audio player that supports loops and slowing down music for learning by ear. It was developed for learning Irish Traditional music.
To display the player, put a valid URL pointing to an MP3 or M4A recording between the shortcodes [choon] and [/choon] on your page or post.
Where can this be used?
Anywhere that shortcodes are accepted. Tested on pages but not on post or widgets using the Neve theme. Some CSS adjustment likely needed with other themes.
How does it work?
What can be put in the url that is placed in the shortcode?
A pointer to an MP3 file. Other audio formats supported by the HTML5 audio player should also work.
What parameters may be used?
At this stage, none!
Special thanks to Paul Rosen for all his work on abcjs. The WordPress plugin parts of this code were based on his excellent ABC Notation plugin. Any bugs or features are all my own work!
Irish Session website. See: https://wellington.session.nz
All the code for that site is available at: https://github.com/slow-session/wellington.session.nz
- Upload the contents of this folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
“Choon Player” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Minor tidyup of php code to simplify it
- Now supports more than one tune per page – lots of tunes on the same page are not a good idea!
- Add a ‘choon’ prefix to function and other variable names to avoid clashes
- Load additional libraries from local sources
- Minor changes to support Choon Player’s addition to the WordPress
- Added support for URLs with non-ASCII characters e.g. accents in
Irish, Scots Gaelic etc
- Fixed the link to the “play” and “pause” buttons