Bing URL Submission Plugin for WordPress enables automated submission of URLs from WordPress sites to the Bing index. Once installed and configured with an API key obtained from Bing Webmaster portal, the plugin detects page creation/update in WordPress and automatically submits the URL behind the scenes ensuring that the site pages are always fresh in the Bing index.
Some other handy features included in the plugin:
- Toggle the automatic submission feature.
- Manually submit a URL to Bing Index.
- View list of recent URL submissions from the plugin.
- Retry any failed submissions from the recent submissions list.
- Download recent URL submissions for analysis.
You can browse the code at the GitHub repository.
This plugin was developed with love and coffee by the Bing Webmaster team.
Setting up Bing URL Submissions Plugin consists of two steps – installing the plugin and setting it up with your API key.
INSTALLING THE PLUGIN
- Log in to WordPress admin panel for your WordPress site. Click on ‘Plugins > Add New’.
- Search for ‘Bing URL Submissions Plugin’ and install.
- Once installed, click on ‘Activate’ to enable plugin.
SETTING UP WITH API KEY
- Open Bing URL Submissions plugin settings page by clicking on “Settings” link for the plugin. (Or the ‘Bing Webmaster’ link in the navigation menu).
- You should now be greeted with a prompt to enter API key.
- Enter your Bing Webmaster API key into the prompt in the plugin page. (You can obtain API key by following the instructions here. Ensure that your WordPress site is verified with Bing Webmaster).
- Voila! Your WordPress site is now configured to automatically submit URLs to Bing.
Why should I install Bing URL Submission Plugin
Bing Webmaster enables quick indexing of your site URLs via the Submit URL API. Bing URL Submissions Plugin automates the submissions of your site URLs to this API by automatically submitting URLs for any page updated/created from WordPress.
Where do I get API key?
To automate Bing URL submissions using the Bing URL Submission Plugin, you need to have your WordPress site registered with Bing Webmaster. Once your site is verified at Bing Webmaster, you can access your API key by navigating to Settings > API Access > API Key within Bing Webmaster portal.
I got an error “Adding API key failed: Invalid API Key” when I’m trying to log in to the plugin dashboard using API key. What do I do?
“Invalid URL” error indicates that your API key is invalid for the WordPress site you’re trying to configure the plugin against. Please verify that your WordPress site is added and verified against your Webmaster account.
“Automatic URL Submission” and “Manual URL Submission” cards are greyed out in plugin dashboard. How do I fix this?
Automatic and manual URL submission cards are disabled if your API key is detected as invalid for submitting URLs against this WordPress site. Please ensure that your site is verified in your Bing Webmaster account and update the plugin with your new API key using ‘Update key’ option in the API key card.
I got an error “Invalid API key : Update API key to enable Automatic & Manual URL submission.”. What do I do?
See answer to ‘”Automatic URL Submission” and “Manual URL Submission” cards are greyed out in plugin dashboard. How do I fix this?’ above.
How can I delete any stored data in my WordPress database?
You can go to ‘Plugins’ page from your WordPress sidebar and click on Deactivate under Bing URL Submissions plugin. This will remove the API key integration as well as any locally stored data about submitted URLs. Reactivating the plugin will present you with a clean slate and ask for API key input.
Combined with the Bing Webmaster tools online, this plugin makes for a powerful tool for SEO. A really useful addition to our site, as it helps to automatically include your content in Yahoo and Bing. A real time saver.
Works great for me, recommended if you publish a significant amount of new content.
После активации и работы выясняется , что из 100 отосланных заявок на индексацию в поисковой системе Bing появились только 10. На следующий день была отправлена 100 заявок в мануальном режиме – реакция поисковой системы полный ноль . Через 2 дня было отправлено 100 заявок через систему в бинге Вебмастер – в поиск попало 5 страниц. Создаётся впечатление что система игнорирует не англоязычные сайты.
The plugin is a good start, but there are a few Quality of life improvements needed to take this plugin from good to great.
(1) Get the API Key to work on a staging subdomain. Every time I merge staging -> Live, the API key on the live site gets reset and I have to re-enter it. When I add the API key on the staging site, I get a “Plugin API error” saying “Adding API key failed: Site Not Registered/Verified In Bing Webmaster”.
Presumably, this is because the site is on a .staging subdomain (same root domain though, so it seems like there should be a workaround this issue).
(2) Bulk URL manual submissions within the plugin
(3) Some feedback on the “Automate URL submission” aspect of the plugin. i.e. which pages were recently sent/removed from Bing’s crawling queue.
Otherwise, as a user even though I have the automated submission enabled, I don’t have any feedback as to whether the plugin is functioning as intended.
Hi, I keep on receiving message error everytime I add the api key to the plugin.
Highly efficient and allows indexing faster than ever before
Read all 10 reviews
“Bing URL Submissions Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Fix console error being thrown by React when not in plugin page.
- Upgrade dependencies to fix known vulnerabilities.
- Filter out URLs containing specific post_types that aren’t browsable.
- Fix encoded URLs being displayed in URL Submissions table.
- Update root element name. Fixes issue loading plugin settings page.
- Rename root element of settings page to avoid conflicts with other plugins.
- Update readme to reflect support for WordPress v5.5.